A visit to the Lenin Museum
Welcome to the Birthplace of the Soviet Union!
Everyone from President Brezhnev to cosmonaut legend Gagarin has paid a visit to this place. You should come too!
The only Lenin Museum in the Western world is located in Tampere Workers’ Hall, where Lenin and Stalin met each other for the first time in 1905. The museum has become a cult destination, attracting visitors from around the world.
A visit to the Lenin Museum is a real experience. The Lenin Museum tells you about the multi-generational history of Finnish-Soviet relations. Visit the legendary Lenin Museum and discover our nostalgic museum shop!
The Lenin Museum
Hämeenpuisto 28, floor 2 1/2, 33200 Tampere
+358 10 420 9222
Wintertime 1 Sep – 31 May: Tuesday–Sunday 11–17
Summertime 1 Jun – 31 Aug: every day 10–16
Exceptions to opening hours in 2022
The museum is closed
Students and senior citizens: €6
Under 18s: free of charge
- The entrance to the museum has step-free access only with museum staff assistance.
- To ensure a seamless visit, wheelchair users are asked to call +358 104 209 222 in advance.
- All of the museum’s rooms have step-free access, and the museum has an accessible toilet.
- Guide dogs, assistance dogs and hearing dogs are welcome at the museum.
- Personal assistants can enter free of charge.
- The museum does not have an induction loop.
Parking is available along the streets and in the P-Hämeenpuisto car park.
The closest taxi rank is located by Tampere Central Library.
The Lenin Museum was completely revamped in 2016. The new exhibition shows the fascinating story of Finnish-Soviet relations, political upheavals and everyday life.
In the Lenin Museum shop, you can find things like Soviet posters, jewellery, fridge magnets, cards and books. Tour the legendary Lenin Museum and find bargains at our nostalgic museum shop!
Let our expert guides take your group on a guided tour of the unique Lenin Museum. This way, you can get more out of the exhibition since it is so easy to ask the guide questions and talk about topics that are of special interest to you.